I thought I might post an entry aimed at anyone else who may be experiencing the following issue.
I experienced a performance related issue recently where errors were being posted to the Windows application event log when BizTalk server was processing a high volume of documents.
In this particular environment the BizTalkMgmtDB was hosted on a server different to that of the BizTalk server instance.
To resolve this issue, turn off this new functionality by adding the SynAttackProtect entry to the following registry key on the computer that is running Microsoft SQL Server that houses your BizTalk Server databases.
Set the SynAttackProtect entry to a DWORD value of 00000000. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry key:
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type SynAttackProtect, and then press ENTER.
5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 00000000. Click OK.
7. Quit Registry Editor.
Note: To complete this registry change, you must restart the computer that is running SQL Server.
More detailed information can be found by following the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899599/en-us